MR. RAM GANESAN KARTHIGASU
MALAYSIA PRODUCTIVITY CORPORATION
LAUNCH OF DIGITAL SOLUTION DIRECTORY
23 NOVEMBER 2021 (TUESDAY)
10.00 AM – 10.15 AM
Yang Berhormat Datuk Lim Ban Hong
Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry (MITI),
Yang Berbahagia Dato’ Abdul Latif bin Haji Abu Seman
Director General of Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC),
Yang Berbahagia Dato’ Wei Chuan Beng
Champion of Digital Productivity Nexus (DPN),
Yang Berusaha Mr. Ong Kian Yew
Chief Executive Officer of National Tech Association of Malaysia (PIKOM),
Champions of Productivity Nexus,
Heads of Government Departments and Agencies,
Captains of Industries,
Members of Media,
Ladies and Gentlemen.
1. Salam Sejahtera. Good morning everyone. It is my pleasure and honour, to welcome all of you to Digital Future – Launching of Digital Solution Directory. We are very grateful to have Yang Berhormat Datuk Lim Ban Hong, Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry (MITI) to officiate this event.
2. As we all know, COVID-19 has spared no one from its effects.
Businesses of all sizes, from micro, small and all the way to
2 large multinationals, were directly impacted by the pandemic. Due to movement restrictions, businesses have no choice but to boost investment in digital technology and innovation to keep their business operations running.
3. Technological innovation is the major source of high productivity growth, allowing for greater output from fewer resources and discovering new methods to use current resources. According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Economic Survey Malaysia 2021, the use of technology among businesses in Malaysia requires a boost, and we must double our efforts to reach a higher degree of digitalisation for productivity improvement.
4. Productivity Nexus have been established under the Malaysia Productivity Blueprint (MPB) to mitigate the global challenges and drive productivity of the industries. Digitalization and innovation are the main initiatives to strengthen the readiness of enterprises in adopting technology and digital advantage.
5. Digital Solution Directory is developed in collaboration between MPC and National Tech Association Malaysia (PIKOM) as a reference on digital technology solutions for the industry players to help them in their digital transformation journey. This directory will accelerate business recovery, by matching the technology solution providers and the industries especially Professional Services, Retail and F&B, and Tourism sub-sectors.
3 6. This directory is aligned with “Go B.I.G. with Digital” movement,
initiated by Digital Productivity Nexus (DPN) with full support from MPC.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
7. MPC as the leading organisation to enhance productivity and competitiveness in Malaysia continues to support the industry and public sector organisations through various digital platforms and strategic collaborations. Programmes such as Virtual Advisory Clinic or Digital Victory, Go B.I.G. with Digital webinar series and Digital Transformation Guide (DiTG) will assist industries to be agile in this fast-paced and ever-changing world.
8. I hope that you will have a productive session today. On that note, I would like to invite Yang Berhormat Datuk Lim Ban Hong, Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry to deliver his speech and launch this event.