Staff turnover is a common phenomenon in every organization. As a business operator, the challenge to grow your business multiplies as you also have to deal with the demanding issue of having to replace and train new workers.
In the COVID-19 era where operators should be focusing their effort towards digitalizing their business, having to find quality employee can be taxing and time-consuming.
BUILDING AND SUPPLEMENTING THE INDUSTRY WITH QUALITY HIRE
In the world of micro, small and medium-sized enterprise, being resilient to uphold your business can easily be distracted with employee performance issues.
With that in mind, Digital Productivity Nexus (DPN) under the Malaysian Productivity Corporation (MPC) has come up with an initiative to provide an internship program focusing to train and supply quality hire to assist you in your business journey.
The Digital STARS initiative works like a matching platform to find the best talent that would suit your business needs. The programme goes through 8 key processes to ensure that the talent and your business would compliment each other, in a harmonious working union.
– Business operators to inform and register openings for internship positions
– Institute of Higher Learning and candidates to register interest for placement
– Profiling both the interns and the companies while measuring both parties capabilities
– Selecting quality Digital STARS interns and matching it with a business organization that suits them best
4. Pre-Internship Preparation Course For Interns
– Course to prepare the interns with a skill set that is much needed in the industry (Digital Technical skills, project management, ethical mindset and professional behaviour)
5. Pre-Internship Briefing for Organization
– Briefing for the registered organizations and supervisors
– Internship placement, job assignments, training and monitoring
– Internship assessment and graduation
– Evaluation and reflection of the Digital STARS program
A PROGRAMME THAT BENEFITS BOTH BUSINESS OPERATORS AND STUDENT TALENT
With a database of more than 1,000 students in the field of IT and engineering with strong digital skills, the Digital STARS programme is in collaboration with Ministry of Higher Education, local industry players, local institutions of higher learning and special skills training provider is in the move to fine-tune the talent pool in the future
This relationship will benefit both business owners and internship students. The business owners will be provided with fresh interns that have been trained with an ethical mindset and professional behaviour, whereas the interns will be enlightened with the industry insights, the process flow and expectations of the employers.
This cycle will in turn build a community of worthy workers for the industry. Bringing in qualified employees is a great way to increase your company’s chances to grow and succeed. With the Digital STARS programme in place, MPC wish to provide productive employees to the industry.
To sign up for Digital STARS, just click here: https://bit.ly/2I6UNqj